The auspiciousness of Akshaya Tritiya can fill your life with wealth and prosperity. Do you want to enjoy endless luxuries and comforts in life, but don’t know how? Then, read on the article, to know how you can achieve all this on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
The festival of Akshaya Tritiya holds a great significance for Hindus and Jains. They also call it as Akha Teej. The name of the festival is the combination of words Akshaya and Tritiya. Here Akshaya refers to ‘infinite’, which never fades and ‘Tritiya’ refers to the third day. According to the Hindu Calendar, the festival is celebrated on the third day of the bright half (Shukla Paksha) of the Hindu month Baisakh.
Significance Of Akshaya Tritiya
With the association of many different auspicious occasions, the significance of the day of Akshaya Tritiya increases up to many folds. Let's talk about those auspicious occasions, in detail:
- It is believed that saint Ved Vyas and Lord Ganesha began to write Mahabharata on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
- Devi Annapurna and Lord Parashuram (sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu) were born on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
- Lord Kuber received his position as the Lord of wealth along with Maa Lakshmi on this day.
- Yudhishthira received Akshaya Patra on this day, with which he served food to all the needy in his kingdom.
Puja Muhurat On Akshaya Tritiya
For getting the best auspicious results of the festival, perform your Puja by following the given Puja Muhurat:
- Akshaya Tritiya Puja Muhurat: 5:43 a.m.to 12:03 p.m.
- Auspicious Puja Muhurat (with Labh Chaughariyan): 7:22 a.m. to 9:01 a.m.
- Auspicious Puja Muhurat (with Amrit Chaughariyan): 9:01 a.m. to 10:39 a.m.
- Therefore, best auspicious time for Puja: 7:22 a.m. to 10:39 a.m.
Auspiciousness Of Akshaya Tritiya
In India, gold is considered to be the symbol of wealth. Since, Akshaya Tritiya is an auspicious day, so buying of Gold/Silver on the day of Akshaya Tritiya is considered as highly auspicious.
- It is believed that the wealth keeps on increasing if we buy these auspicious metals (Gold/Silver) on Akshaya Tritiya.
- Starting any new business or venture, is also considered as very productive.
- Sowing of seeds on the day of Akshaya Tritiya results in good harvest.
Auspicious Offerings On Akshaya Tritiya
Now, let’s talk about the offerings that can be made on Akshaya Tritiya for getting auspicious results.
On the day of Akshaya Tritiya 'Til Tarpan' is done to the deities. Til symbolizes 'Saatvikta' and water symbolizes 'purity'. Together the offering of sesame seeds and water signifies the offering of 'pure emotions' or gratitude toward the deity. The donations and charity done for the needy on this day increases its auspicious effect, up to several times.
What Is To Donate On Akshaya Tritiya
- Shayan Daan: Donation of bed or mattress is considered highly auspicious.
- Vastra Daan: Giving Vastra (clothes) to the needy is highly auspicious.
- Kumkum Daan: Donation of vermilion is good for the long life of husband.
- Chandan Daan: Donation of sandalwood is good for avoiding accidents.
- Betel leaves: Donation of betel leaves is good for gaining high position.
- Nariyal Daan: Donation of coconut is considered good for the upcoming generations.
- Chhach Daan: Donation of buttermilk produces good results in education.
- Uda Kumbha Daan: Donation of water in copper or silver vessel with saffron, camphor, Tulsi leaves and betel nut is considered auspicious for marriages and children.
- Padraksha Daan: Donating slippers on Akshaya Tritiya prevent one from going in hell.
Take full advantage of the auspiciousness of Akshaya Tritiya by donating different things, that favor in your well being and future.
To know all about Akshaya Tritiya: Click here
Have a happy and auspicious Akshaya Tritiya...
Event Of The Day!
Click here to know the IPL 2014 match predictions of - CSK vs KKR (02 May)
Click here for today’s Stock Market Predictions - Sensex-Nifty Predictions