When To Do Sawan Somvar Vrat & Puja
How To Do Sawan Somvar Puja
- Start your day with the morning bath, clean the house and wear clean clothes.
- The first prayer should be offered to Lord Ganesha.
- Lord Shiva is then prayed to by chanting Om Namah Shivaya.
- Offerings of Bilva leaves, white flowers, water, honey, and milk is made. If you have a Shivalinga nearby, you can perform the Abhishek. Ganga water is considered quite auspicious for Abhishek; if you have it, use it in the rituals.
- The fast can be observed on the day from sunrise to sunset.
- Chanting of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra or Om Namah Shivaya can be done during the day.
When Is Sawan Somvar In 2016
Sawan Somvar Dates For North India
|First Sawan Somvar||July 25, 2016|
|Second Sawan Somvar||August 1, 2016|
|Third Sawan Somvar||August 8, 2016|
|Fourth Sawan Somvar||August 15, 2016|
Sawan Somvar Dates For South India
|First Sawan Somvar||August 8, 2016|
|Second Sawan Somvar||August 15, 2016|
|Third Sawan Somvar||August 22, 2016|
|Fourth Sawan Somvar||August 29, 2016|