Nadi matching is an important factor for the harmonious survival of the treasured and cherished bond, marriage. Correct match blesses the couple with all the boons of a good marriage and healthy children, whereas a mismatch could lead to unhappy married life. Read this article to know more about the facts and myths associated with it.
Nadi matching is considered very important for matchmaking. Amongst 36 points of Kundali matching, it is consisted of 8 points. Naadi match is for physical compatibility between the boy and the girl for their happy married life and also for progeny matters. It is considered, if the boy and girl are of same Nadi then there will be problems between their compatibility after marriage and childbirth. If the boy and girl have same Nadi then they are of same Prakriti. As per Ayurveda, there are 3 Prakritis of human body, Vata, Pitta & Kapha that are equivalent to 3 types of Nadi namely, Adi, Madhya and Antya.
You may also like to read: What Is Nadi Astrology?
It is believed that we should not marry the person with same Prakriti. For example, in science, we see genetic disorders, weakness in children of same family of animals like lions and cheetah, to name a few. In Astrology, people of same Nadi are not advised to get married as they are considered of same Prakriti. The 3 types of Nadis are divided in 27 Nakshatras. These are:
1. Adi Nadi: People born in Ashwani, Ardra, Punarvasu, Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Jyeshta, Moola, Satabisha and Poorvabhadrapada Nakshatras, come under Adi Nadi.
2. Madhya Nadi: People born in Bharani, Mrigasira, Pushya, Purva Phalguni, Chitra, Anuradha, Purvashadha, Dhanshika and Uttarabhadrapada Nakshatras, come under Madhya Nadi.
3. Antya Nadi: People born in Kritika, Rohini, Aslesha, Magha, Swati, Vishakha, Uttarashadha, Sravana and Revati Nakshatra, come under Antya Nadi .
But, it does not mean that people with same Nadi (as per Nakshatra) cannot marry each other or they will have problem in their marriage. Nadi Dosha gets canceled in this condition - if both male and female are born in the same Nakshatra, but their Charana/Pada of Nakshatra is different. So, here Nadi Dosha gets canceled.
Though we have come to know that main reason behind Nadi matching is for the sustainability of the marriage and progeny matters; however, good Nadi matching points are not necessarily the guarantee of both these things. Therefore, this is not good to reject a good match on the basis of Nadi Dosha. For harmony in the marriage, we need to analyze both the horoscopes in complete detail as follows:
1. Malefic and benefic aspects/effects on the 5th house.
2. Malefic and benefic aspects/effects on the 5th house lord.
3. Status of Jupiter, Mars and Venus as, these planets are responsible for children and progeny matters.
4. Analysis of 2nd, 5th and 7th houses.
5. Analysis of all the related sub-divisional charts like Navamsa D-9 and Samtmsa D-7.
So, don’t be confused, get your horoscope reading in detail; and astrological remedies may help you with problems. Surety is always better than uncertainty.
For complete details on importance of Nadi matching for marriage, click here - Nadi Dosha & Match Making
By Mrityunjai Ojha
By Mrityunjai Ojha