Our sweet and mischievous Gopala has arrived at our homes. Let’s welcome our Nandlal with sweet flute on this Janmashtami. Read further to know more about the festival of Shree Krishna Janmashtami and know the importance of this day.
Shree Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated on the 8th day of the Krishna Paksha in Bhadrapada month because Lord Krishna took birth on this day. Shree Krishna is incarnated as the eighth form of Lord Vishnu, who is also known by the names Kanha and Govind.
Shree Krishna Janmashtami is also known as Krishnashtami, Gokulashtami, Shree Krishna Jayanti, Ashtami Rohini, Shree Jayanti, etc.
Let’s throw some light on the legend of Shree Krishna.
Shree Krishna Janmashtami: Puja Muhurat
- Midnight (Nishith Kaal) Puja Muhurat: From 12:04 a.m. to 12:47 a.m.
- Next day Parana time (time for consuming meal after fast) will start from: After 6:06 a.m.
Want to get absorbed in the melodies of Krishna Leela? Click here: Krishna Bhajan
Shree Krishna Janmashtami: The Legend
Let’s take you to the era when Kansa was the ruler of Mathura. Kansa got the oracle that he would be killed by the eighth progeny of Devaki and Vasudev. Frightened Kansa put her sister Devaki and her husband Vasudev in prison and killed their 7 children one by one. But, he could not kill the eighth child because Vasudev left him to Gokul (Nand’s home), after his birth.
After growing up, Krishna killed Kansa. He freed the mankind from Kansa’s oppression.
Shree Krishna Janmashtami: Ritual Of Janmashtami
Krishna Janmashtami is organised on a large basis and celebrated with great enthusiasm in Mathura and Vrindavan. Raasleela and Dahi Handi celebrations are some of the major attractions of Krishna Janmashtami. In Raasleela, the flirtatious youth days of Shree Krishna is shown dramatically. In Dahi Handi event, an earthen pot (Handi) filed with butter is hung to a large height and the participants are meant to break that earthen pot. Janmashtami festival is celebrated with great zeal and true devotion.
Let’s share the moments of divinity and happiness with our closer ones through Janmashtami SMS
Shree Krishna Janmashtami: Janmashtami Vrat
Fasting is observed by people in different ways on Janmashtami. The ardent followers of Krishna observe Nirjala Vrat, on the other hand, some people eat fruits on the fasting day. Let’s come to know the rituals of Vrat in detail:
- A full day fasting is observed on Janmashtami, which is broken in the midnight, as it is believed that Lord Krishna took birth in the midnight.
- Keep images of Bal Gopala in swings and cradles.
- Decorate him with new clothes and jewellery.
- Offer prayers to him and swing them in cradles.
- Atlast, break your fast and eat food.
It is believed that one who observe this Vrat devoutly, gets all the luxuries and goes to heaven after death.
Shree Krishna Janmashtami: The Special Day To Beget A Child
All couples wish for progeny after their marriage. But, at time, their wish doesn’t get fulfilled due to some unfortunate reasons. Shree Krishna Janmashtami can be effective for these couples. Due to the auspiciousness of Muhurat of this day, this remedy is found to be very effective. This is an effective way to get blessed by a child. The procedure is as follows:
- This remedy is performed by both husband and wife with full trust and devotion.
- On this day, they both take early bath and adopt this remedy as a resolution in front of their deity (one’s favorite god).
- After worshiping the deity, chant the below mentioned Santan Gopal Mantra with Tulsi Mala to please Gopala:
देवकीसुत गोविन्द वासुदेव जगत्पते।देहि मे तनयं कृष्ण त्वामहं शरणं गत:।।
Devkisut Govind Vasudev JagatpateDehi Mei Tanyam Krishna Tvamham Sharanam Gatah
- Worship Shree Krishna idol with incense sticks, Deep (earthen lamps), sandalwood, rice and Tulsi and offer him butter.
- Offer Aarti to Lord Krishna. On this event, Shree Krishna should be in his infancy form. This form of Shree Krishna is considered the best for progeny remedy.
- After worshiping with right procedure, chant Santan Gopal mantra once with a rosary.
- After chanting Mantra, the childless couple pray for the progeny in front of Shree Krishna.
- This remedy proves fruitful if performed with trust and the wishes of childless couples get fulfilled.
Click here to read our detailed article on Krishna Janmashtami 2014 - Sri Krishna Janmashtami 2014
Event Of The Day!
Today is Sun transit in Leo. To know its effect on your Zodiac sign, click here: Sun Transit in Leo