Do you want a long and prosperous life for your husband? Do you want your husband to be successful in every field of his life? Read to know the religious & social importance of Kajli Teej Vrat, and how to gain maximum auspiciousness from it for a healthy and happy life.
Kajli Teej is celebrated on the third day of the Krishna Paksha in Bhadrapada month. It is mainly celebrated in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Nepal. This festival is the reflection of love and affection in a couple’s life.
Kajli Teej Vrat is very much similar to Karwa Chauth Vrat in which intake of food and water is not allowed. Through this Vrat, ladies pray for the longevity and good health of their husband.
This Vrat is celebrated by married ladies with great zeal and enthusiasm. Swings are enjoyed by the women and Neem tree is worshiped.
Kajli Teej 2014: Significance of the Vrat
Kajli Teej Vrat is celebrated since hundred of years. This festival is very significant for the married couples. It is believed that they can make their bond of love even more stronger with the observance of this vrat.
This Vrat symbolizes the union of Devi Parvati and Lord Shiva. According to Hindu mythology, it took 107 births for Devi Parvati to acquire Lord Shiva as her husband. She performed a hard penance for 107 years, then on her 108th birth, Lord Shiva accepted her as his wife.
Likewise, Kajli Teej Vrat signifies the love of wife for her husband. With the observance of this Vrat, she prays to get her husband's love and support in every birth. Keeping in mind the mythological legend of Kajli Teej, women please Goddess Parvati by observing the Vrat. They honor and worship the Goddess for a happy and blesses conjugal life.
Grand Celebration of Kajli Teej in Rajasthan
Kajli Teej festival is celebrated on a large scale in the Bundi city of Rajasthan. On this day, Kajli Mata is made to sit in a decorated palanquin and a huge procession is taken out. Decorated camels, elephants, musicians, artists and folk dancers are seen in the procession.
Musicians and artists perform the plush dance and performances that steal the hearts of the tourists from all over the world.
Kajli Teej: Procedure of the Vrat
- Collect some clean sand and dig a lake with it. Make sure that the water does not get leaked out of it
- Tie all the neem branches together and place them in the middle of the lake
- Put a red sacred cloth (Chunri) on the neem branches
- Now place the idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi near it
- Make Swastik (auspicious symbol) on a Kalash (earthen pot) and tie the sacred thread (Mauli) around it
- Make the same Swastik on the Puja Sthan (place of worship) and put Mauli, rice, jaggery (Gur), and a coin on it
- Apply Vermilion (Kumkum) on the neem branches and offer sacred Mauli, rice, jaggery, and fruits to the idols.
- Put rice and milk in the lake
- Lit up the incense sticks (Agarbatti) and recite the story (Kajli Teej Katha)
- See your reflection in the lake
- Now bow your head and honor Teej Mata and seek blessings
- Take three rounds around the Teej Mata
Worship Teej Mata and seek her blessings to ward off all your griefs and take a step closer to a happy life.
Read our detailed article on Kajli Teej here - Kajli Teej 2014
Event Of The Day
Check today’s Stock Market Predictions here: Sensex - Nifty Predictions
Today is Vishalakshi Yatra. This festival is celebrated in Varanasi, as earrings (Karna Kundal) of Goddess Sati fell in this city.
Sankashti Shree Ganesh Chaturthi is today. It is a day highly dedicated to Lord Ganesha.
Today is Bahula Chaturthi. It is celebrated by the farming community in Gujarat in respect to the cattle considering their role they play for a farmer.
Today is International Left Handers' Day.
Have a nice day!