Know time duration, do’s & don’ts, areas of visibility, and much more about this lunar eclipse here.
Date: September 16 to 17, 2016
Time Duration: 22:23 to 02:26 IST
Visibility in India: Yes
Peak Time: 00:24 IST
(Above given details are for India.)
Areas of visibility: Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, West in South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Arctic, Antarctica, India
Type of eclipse: Penumbral Lunar Eclipse (This type of eclipse occurs when Sun, Moon, and earth are not exactly positioned in the straight life. Some of part of the Moon receives the sunlight and some part stays under the shadow of earth. It is difficult to observe this phenomenon with naked eyes.)
- It is believed that whatever is done in this duration gives multiplied results. That’s why most people do Mantra chanting and different religious as well as spiritual practices. If you have a weak Moon in your birth-chart, chanting Moon Mantra in this duration can give immense benefits.
- Once the Grahan is over, sprinkle the holy water everywhere to purify the area.
- It will be great if you can take shower or dip in a holy water body after the Grahan.
- Put basil leaves in all the food items before the Grahan begins. It will protect these items from the negative effects.
- Avoid starting anything important in the duration of Grahan.
- Avoid eating during Grahan.
- Sexual intercourse should also be avoided.
- Don’t cook food in Sutak and Grahan period. (Sutak is the 9 hours time before the Grahan begins. Some people consider it for 12 hours.)
Exclusive Tips For Pregnant Women
- Stay inside home and avoid looking at the Moon.
- Avoid sleeping during Grahan, rather meditate or chant Mantras.
- Avoid doing anything that requires you to cut or peel something.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes. Also, avoid stitching or pinning anything.
- It will be great if you can chant Santana Gopal Stotra in this duration.
A Big Fact About Chandra Grahan
Moon is believed to be quite impactful in our lives. With its changing shapes, the energy also changes to affect our lives. As the Moon grows from New Moon to the Full Moon, its energy increases and many people use this time for planting new seeds or crops. As far as energy is concerned, Lunar Eclipse is the best time for quitting the bad habits like smoking, drinking, etc.
Know everything in detail about this lunar eclipse here: Chandra Grahan 2016
We hope that this information will be helpful to you in making this event fruitful for you. Utilize this time to the fullest.