Know early morning Muhurat, rituals, and other important things about Hartalika Teej and feel blessed. It is one of the ancient festivals of India; make the best of it.
- Pratah Kaal Puja Muhurat: 06:01 to 08:32 IST
- Pradosh Kaal Puja Muhurat: 18:38 to 20:55 IST
Note: Above Muhurat is for New Delhi, India. Know the Muhurat of your city from here: Do Ghati Muhurat For Your City
Rituals Of Hartalika Teej Vrat
On the occasion of Hartalika Teej, women apply Mehendi (Henna) on each other’s hand and sing & dance. Varieties of sweets are prepared in homes. The following are the rituals that are performed by women on this day:
- Wake up early in the morning and take a bath.
- Worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
- Observe a full day Nirjala (without water) fast.
- Worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati in the evening.
- Offer clothes and cosmetic items to Mata Parvati like Saree, Kohl (Kajal), vermilion (Kumkum), turmeric (Haldi) and flowers.
- Offer Dhoti (lioncloth) and Angocha (Towel) to Lord Shiva.
- Donate the cosmetic items to the wife of a saint and Dhoti and Angocha to Brahmin.
- Offer 13 varieties of sweets to your mother-in-law and seek blessings.
- Recite or listen Teej Vrat Katha and break your fast after sunset.
It is believed that women can get all their wishes fulfilled by observing this Vrat.
To read more about Hartalika Teej, read our featured article: Hartalika Teej 2016
Happy Hartalika Teej!