Know do’s & don'ts, timings, and other important details about Surya Grahan here and schedule your tasks of the day accordingly.
Date: September 1, 2016
Type of eclipse: Annular Solar Eclipse
Visible in India: No
Areas of visibility: Africa, South Pole, Madagascar, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Mozambique, Geban
Time Duration (IST):
Surya Grahan Rituals
- Keep fast 12 hours prior to the Grahan and open it only after the eclipse duration is over.
- Avoid eating food, which is cooked in these 12 hours.
- Performing remedies for Sun after the solar eclipse is over is considered really good for strengthening internal powers.
- Temples are closed during Grahan except Shiva Mandir.
- After eclipse, all the idols of gods are cleansed.
- Take shower after this duration to wash off all the negativity.
- Chanting holy Mantras can become quite powerful in this duration.
- Perform meditation
- Worship the Lord
- Avoid eating or drinking anything
- Avoid urination
- Avoid sexual intercourse
- Avoid starting anything important
For Pregnant Women
- Don’t look at the sky during Grahan.
- Stay inside home and don’t let the rays touch you.
- Don’t wear body fit clothes, clips, or anything that ties in the body.
- Don’t sleep in Grahan duration.
- Don’t perform cutting and peeling of any type of fruit or vegetable in the eclipse duration.
- Chant Santana Gopala Stotra in this duration to fetch the auspiciousness from this time.
For detailed information about solar eclipse, please click here: Surya Grahan 2016
We hope that this information will help you in utilizing the best of this day. Have a good time!