Auspiciousness of this Monday will increase with the observance of Shani Jayanti. Falling on the same day this year, Shani Jayanti and Somvati Amavasya will put an end to all your sorrows. Read this informative article to discover as to how you can get relief from the malefic effects of Shani.
Astrology states Saturn as an important planet among the nine planets. If we talk about legends, a lot has been explained about the birth of Shani. Shani Dev was born on the Amavasya of Jyeshtha Krishna Paksha. This is the reason behind celebration of Shani Jayanti on this day. Pleasing Lord Shani helps in getting relief from troubles.
Legendary Importance Of Shani Jayanti
According to the legendary stories, Lord Sun was married to Sangya. Together they had three children. Sangya could not withstand Sun’s brightness for long and hence, she left him with her shadow in his service. Later, Lord Shani was born to Lord Sun and Chaya (Sangya’s shadow). When Shani was born, he had black complexion, huge body, large eyes and long hair.
On this day, importance of alms and donations increases for natives suffering from Sade Sati, Shani’s Dasha, Maha Dasha or Antar Dasha. Diseases like Vata, Kapha, cancer, etc. happen due to malefic impact of Shani. With Shanidev's blessing, one can achieve victory, wealth, bliss, and disease free life.
Ward Off All Troubles On Shani Jayanti Through These 5 Tips
- Establishing Shani Yantra and worshiping it is very fruitful. Worshiping this Yantra regularly with all the rituals pleases Lord Shani.
- Worshiping Lord Hanuman after sunset is considered auspicious. Use Sindoor (vermilion), oil, and blue flowers to honor the lord. You can use this remedy every Saturday.
- Donate five iron goods, food grains, and oil to any needy on this sacred day.
- Offer Til Ladoo, Urad Dal, and sweet Puris to Shani Dev. Offer the same to cow, dog, and crow and take it yourself as well.
- Keeping Kheer (sweet rice porridge) in silver bowl and then placing it on the terrace on Monday, frees one from all problems.
- Besides this, you can some really helpful and easy remedies to escape from malefic effects of Lord Shani - 5 Tips To Ward Off Saturn’s Malefic Effects
Somvati Amavasya Is Adding Auspiciousness To This Shani Jayanti
Everytime Amavasya falls on a Monday, it is known as Somvati Amavasya. It is considered extremely auspicious for married women to observe fast on this day for the longer life of their husbands. Observing fast on this day gives rewards equivalent to donation of cow. Monday is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Somvati Amavasya is observed in honor of the lord. Bathing in rivers on this Amavasya is considered extremely sacred. According to Mahabharata, explaining the importance of this day to Yudhishthir, Bhishma said that “one who bathes in holy rivers on this day, gets relief from physical ailments and sorrows of life”.
If you have any query or feedbacks related to this day, please mention it in the comments.
We wish you a blessed Shani Jayanti & Somvati Amavasya!