If it comes to enlightening you with the amazing traditional elements of Holika Dahan, then we at AstroSage have come up with all the rituals and traditions that should be followed on 12th of March 2017 to make the Pre-Holi celebrations go about in full swing. And thus, making it an auspicious one for you.
So, waste no time and read our blog as soon as you can, before the magical colors of Holi spread in the air and intervenes with our life.
It is firmly believed that Holika Dahan is & should be celebrated during the auspicious time that has been allotted to it as per the Vedic Astrology. By doing so you are able to ward off all the difficult times that are or were headed your way. On the contrary, you are able to turn your fortunes around and closing in on a merry time that lies ahead of you. But, before we close in on anything else, let us subtly lead you, as we gradually enlighten you with the auspicious time for Holi in 2017.
HOLIKA DAHAN 2017 MUHURAT
- Holika Dahan Muhurat: 18:27:36 - 20:25:30
- Time Duration: 1 hour and 57 minutes
- Bhadra Punccha: 04:21:36 - 05:33:45
- Bhadra Mukha: 05:33:45 - 07:34:00
Note: The Muhurat mentioned above is for New Delhi. To know the Muhurat Time for your city- Holika Dahan Muhurat
The celebrations surrounding this festival of colors, blasts off on Holashtak (since it lasts for 8 days) which kicks up this whole merrymaking surrounding the festival of Holi. Holika Dahan is celebrated on the 8th or the last day of Holashtak. As per the Hindu beliefs, one should not start off with any fortunate activity such as marriage, buying a new house, or any other activity of similar nature. Once Holika dahan is over with, the Holashtak is considered to be over.
Rules for Holika Dahan and the Puja Vidhi
As per the ancient Indian religion books, Holika Dahan should take place on Purnima in the Pradosh kaal (the time after dusk). The Puja that happens before Holika Dahan is of utmost importance and holds very high regard in Hindu religion. This practice of Holika Dahan is mainly regarded with bringing peace, harmony as well as prosperity in abundance at home.
Let us now know step by step, the Puja vidhi so that we do everything the way it is supposed to be done.
- While you are performing the Holika puja, you should face either the North or East direction.
- The puja tray should have a roli, some flowers, a Coconut, a garland, cotton yarn, turmeric, green gram, gulal, 5 types of grains and a water vessel (lota).
- By circling 7 times around the Holika, wrap the arrangement with cotton yarn.
- After venerating Holika with all your heart, offer the holy water to her & after nightfall, torch the whole thing up.
- As per Hindu beliefs, the ash that remains after the arrangement completely burns up, is considered to be very holy, as well as of great religious beliefs. It is considered to bring good omen to apply the ash on your body.
Get to know the Holika Dahan Scriptures
Essence of Holika Dahan
Every Hindu festival has its own religious and spiritual significance. Festivals tend to educate us with one or the other moral values that we can inculcate in our lives, so as to march on the path of joy and prosperity. Similarly, Holika Dahan gives us a virtuous message:
- The primary message of Holika Dahan is to burn all the evil aspects of the society. It is believed that we should take a resolution on this very day to blaze off the demoniac facet in the fire of Holika.
- If Holika Dahan Puja is done according to the rituals and traditions, then one can achieve a happy, healthy and prosperous life.
Following Holika Dahan, comes the Dhulandi or Holi. So, get ready for the colourful festival- HOLI 2017
We, at Astrosage heartily wish you all a very Happy Holika Dahan and may God splash you with his choicest of bright-hued blessings!