AstroSage wishes you a very happy and prosperous Deepawali. The festival of luminescence and splendour brings in family and friends together, spreading smiles and happiness all around. Our learned astrologers have compiled a list of pujan vidhi and puja muhurat to make the 2016 Deepawali the best for you.
Diwali is celebrated on the New Moon’s day in the Kartik month of Hindu Calendar. The festival celebrates the spirit of oneness and harmony. In 2016, as per the Gregorian calendar, this festival will be commemorated on the October 30th. Performed to please Goddess Laxmi and Lord Ganesha, the diwali pujan incorporates rituals, customs and traditions efficiently and brings the whole family together to pay homage to the deity of wealth and prosperity.
Bless your household with fortune and wealth by commemorating the supreme being.
As per Panchanga, the Amavasya Tithi (Hindu date for New Moon’s day) will prevail till 11:07pm on this day.
Pradosh Kaal will go on from 17:37pm to 20:12pm. The best Lakshmi Puja Muhurat duration is from 18:29pm to 20:12pm.
Diwali Choghadiya Muhurat
|Morning Muhurta (Chal, Laabh, Amrut):||07:55:11 to 12:04:39|
|Afternoon Muhurta (Shubh):||13:27:48 to 14:50:57|
|Evening Muhurta (Shubh, Amrut, Chal):||17:37:16 to 22:28:04|
Note: The above mentioned timings are for New Delhi, To know about the Pujan Muhurat in your city, Diwali Puja Muhura & Timings
Businessmen may worship their ledgers according to the Choghadiya timings mentioned above.
An amalgamation of ‘Deep’, and ‘Aavli’, literally meaning a line of deep (lights), the festival unites the substance of togetherness and festivity with a sheen of traditions and culture. The house comes alive during the festival of Diwali. Lights, firecrackers, diyas, sweets and lots of laughter and smiles all spread in the household. The magnificence and festivities of Diwali starts with the celebration of Dhanteras, continued by Narak Chaturdashi, Diwali, Govardhan Puja, and ends with Bhai dooj on the fifth day.
Know more about the festival of luminescence: Diwali 2016
Learned astrologers at AstroSage have come up with the following Diwali Pujan Vidhi, to get you the maximum blessings from the divinity.
How To Perform Lakshmi Puja
- At the place of Puja, spread a clean cloth and put rice on it creating a bed.
- Place a Kalash (stoup) (filled with water, flower, betel nut and clean coin) on the bed of rice.
- Around the mouth of the Kalash, arrange some mango leaves.
- Place a Thali (plate) on this Kalash.
- Using turmeric powder, draw a lotus on the thali and place the idol of Goddess Lakshmi on it.
- Keep few coins on the plate.
- Place the idol of Lord Ganesha on the right side of the Kalash. Idols of other Gods can also be kept along.
- Close your eyes and chant ‘OM’ in your mind.
- Sprinkle some water on all the puja items.
- Apply Haldi (turmeric) and Kumkum (vermilion) on the Kalash and put a flower on it.
- Light an earthen lamp filled with Ghee.
- Take a flower or flower petals and rice in your hands, close your eyes and meditate on Goddess Lakshmi.
- Sprinkle the flowers or flower petals and rice on the idol of Goddess Lakshmi.
- Now put the idol of Goddess Lakshmi on a Thali. Clean it with water, Ghee, milk, curd, honey and sugar. At last, clean the idol again with water.
- Now, place it back on the Kalash.
- Offer garlands, sandalwood paste, vermilion and light incense sticks.
- Offer coconut, betel nuts, betel leaves, fruits and sweets.
- Now offer Batasha sweets and puffed rice.
- In the end, perform Aarti for Goddess Lakshmi.
If you want to read Diwali Pujan Vidhi in detail, click here - Method Of Diwali Puja & Rituals
AstroSage wishes all its readers a very Happy Diwali.
May Goddess Laxmi glorify your lives with health, wealth, and abundance.