Today, Janmashtami will be celebrated all around the globe. The birthday of mischievous Krishna is celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm. Numerous delicacies are made and a grand celebration is arranged at many places. Here, we will give you all the required information about this day.
Janmashtami 2016 Muhurat
- Nishith Kaal Puja Timing: 00:01:12 to 00:45:31 IST (August 25, 2016)
- Parana Time: 20:10:19 IST (August 25, 2016)
Above timings are for New Delhi, India. To know the exact timing for your city, please click here: Janmashtami Muhurat For Your City
|Note: The date and Muhurat given above are for Smartas, not Vaishnavas. (Those who are initiated by the Vaishnava community are known as Vaishnavas. Rest of the people are Smartas.) Vaishnavites celebrate this festival on the next day; so this time it is on August 25, 2016.|
Janmashtami Puja Vidhi
- On August 23, 2016, try to stick to light Sattvik food. Also, avoid any intimacy with the spouse and be sober.
- On Janmashtami i.e. August 24, 2016, get ready early in the morning and worship all the deities.
- Now, sit facing east or north.
- Take holy water, fruits, and flowers in hands; then take Sankalp for the fast.
- After that, sprinkle the water mixed with black sesame over you.
- Now, prepare the labor room for Devaki.
- Put a baby bed or cradle in this area and place a water filled Kalash over it.
- Start the Puja with the names of Devaki, Vasudeva, Baladeva, Nand, Yashoda, and Lakshmi Ji respectively.
- You may find the Krishna Aarti here: Aarti Kunj Bihari Ki
- Open the fast after the midnight when Krishna is born.
- On next day i.e. August 25, 2016, Dahi Handi celebrations are performed in many parts of India. Know about it by clicking here: Dahi Handi - The Govinda Sport
Note: In Janmashtami fast, fruits, milk, certain roots, etc. can be consumed.
Know the legend of Janmashtami by clicking here: Janmashtami Legend
If you are wishing to get a child, there is a special remedy to be performed only on the day of Janmashtami: Janmashtami Remedy For A Child
- Make your loved ones feel blessed by sending some Janmashtami text wishes. Get them here: Janmashtami SMS
- There are some famous songs dedicated to Krishna. Play them on this day to make the surroundings eventful: Janmashtami Songs
- You may also make the ambiance even more happening by changing your system wallpapers with the Janmashtami one. You may use them as e-greetings as well. Find them here: Janmashtami Wallpapers
- Some exclusive Krishna Bhajans are also there: Krishna Bhajan
We hope that this little piece of information will be helpful in making the best out of this wonderful festival.