Today is the first Sawan Somvar and here you will know how to turn this day into a blessing. The day is exclusive for those who wants to get married. It doesn’t matter whether you have someone to get married or not, just leave it on Shiva and he will take care of it.
When To Do Sawan Somvar Vrat & Puja
Observe the fast on the Monday of the Hindu month Sawan. Perform the worship rituals in the morning of this Monday.
How To Do Sawan Somvar Puja
- Start your day with the morning bath, clean the house and wear clean clothes.
- The first prayer should be offered to Lord Ganesha.
- Lord Shiva is then prayed to by chanting Om Namah Shivaya.
- Offerings of Bilva leaves, white flowers, water, honey, and milk is made. If you have a Shivalinga nearby, you can perform the Abhishek. Ganga water is considered quite auspicious for Abhishek; if you have it, use it in the rituals.
- The fast can be observed on the day from sunrise to sunset.
- Chanting of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra or Om Namah Shivaya can be done during the day.
The first monday of Sawan is of great significance. The two planetary conjunctions occurring on this day are quite auspicious to stepping into a new venture and many other significant things.
All Sawan Somvar days are auspicious. You may perform the above given Puja rituals on every Sawan Somvar to get blessed. Check out the dates of the Sawan Somvar in 2016 below:
When Is Sawan Somvar In 2016
Below given Sawan Somvar dates are as per the Purnimant calendar, which is more prominent in North India (Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, etc.).
Sawan Somvar Dates For North India
|First Sawan Somvar||July 25, 2016|
|Second Sawan Somvar||August 1, 2016|
|Third Sawan Somvar||August 8, 2016|
|Fourth Sawan Somvar||August 15, 2016|
Below given Sawan Somvar dates are as per the Amavasyant calendar, which is more prominent in South India (Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, etc.).
Sawan Somvar Dates For South India
|First Sawan Somvar||August 8, 2016|
|Second Sawan Somvar||August 15, 2016|
|Third Sawan Somvar||August 22, 2016|
|Fourth Sawan Somvar||August 29, 2016|
About Sawan Somvar
Sawan is the month when Shiva has the complete control over everything. As Monday is the day dedicated to Shiva, He becomes even more powerful on the Mondays of Sawan. There is a lot that you may like to know about Sawan and its Mondays, click here for that: About Sawan & Sawan Somvar
If you have missed our previous post about the 9 things that should not be done in Sawan because it makes Shiva angry, click here: Avoid These 9 Things That Make Shiva Angry
Hope this little piece of information will help you in making the best out of these auspicious times.